A Whole New NRG.com
NRG originally approached AKQA to create a new tab on their existing website. Some workshops later, we started a complete overhaul of their digital identity and redesign of their entire website to provide a more consistent, intuitive, and modern digital experience for their customers.
The Building Blocks
We determined the website should be built on a modular system that could be rearranged and repurposed as needed. A place where content wasn’t static, but a variable collection of information that could be personalized to personas. Lead by AKQA Portland’s User Experience Director, Jason Glover, the design, UX, strategy, and copywriting teams worked together to outline this vision for each and every page.
Working closely with Alec Black and Jessica Stacy, I wireframed and outlined the content for the website, including the homepage and the majority of pages under our seven most important categories. These would become our navigation tiers: about, residential, business, generation, case studies, insights, and sustainability.
To best showcase what the site would be capable of, I also created 61 interactive prototypes of the website experience using Sketch and Flinto. I even dabbled in a little code to express a more realistic result.
- Brian Skahan (Managing Director), Ginny Golden (Group Creative Director)
- Dom Murphy (Creative Director), Ben Parisot (Associate Creative Director), Amalia Fredericksen (Designer), Riley Warner (Contract Senior Designer), Sandra Zhovner (Associate Designer)
- Jason Glover (User Experience Director), Erich Quist (Senior User Experience Designer), Aimee Reed (Contract User Experience Designer), Yanci Wu (User Experience Designer)
- Alec Black (Senior Strategist)
- Jessica Stacy (Senior Copywriter), Sheila Ashdown (Copy Editor)
- Colin Williams (Senior Developer)
- Ayla Gilbert (Senior Project Manager)
It's important to me that everyone receive the credit they deserve; please email me if I forgot to include you.